Meatloaf is an easy meal to make. The ingredients are standards in any kitchen. And kids love getting their hands messy and mixing up this family favorite!
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 50 minutes – 1 hour Serving Size: 8-12 servings
- 2-3 # ground beef (grass fed, can combine with turkey, lamb, bison, etc.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1-2 bell peppers (any color or combination of peppers)
- 2 carrots
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup Ketchup (organic) optional
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- parsley, oregano, basil – combo of dried spices
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup almond flour (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop vegetables and add to mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, beef, spices, and all other ingredients.
- Knead with hands; divide among 2 loaf pans (glass or ceramic)
- Bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour
- Pour out liquid if too much accumulates after 40 minutes or when done.
This recipe will make 2 family size loafs. Pop one in the freezer to save for later!
Tip: Pack up for lunch! This meatloaf is great cold with tomato and avocado!