Sweet and salty are always a good combination. These healthy snacks are easy to make and full of yummy ingredients.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Yield: 16-18 nut chews
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 10 medjool dates (slit in half lenthwise, de-pit and cut off rough stem on end)
- 3 Tbsp almond, cashew, or peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- flax seeds (optional)
- pistachio nuts (optional)
- Place raw cacao in one small bowl and shredded coconut in other. Or, mix together.
- Place ingredients above through the cinnamon into a food processor and mix for 30 seconds.
- If mixture looks dry, add 1-3 Tbsps of water. Continue to mix until soft and maleable.
- Form 1” balls of the mixture in the palm of your hands.
- Dip and roll in the cacao or coconut or mixture of the two. I like to do half and half. Roll in chopped pistachio nuts if desired.
- Place on a plate or freeze.
Sometimes I add gluten-free oats and when I want a strictly Paleo dessert I do not!
Feel free to experiment with the proportion and variety of nuts!
This is a great bite-size dessert for guests or to savor for yourself. One or two is satisfying.