I was so excited I made pancakes the other day that were perfect! And, gluten- and dairy-free to boot!
I finally hit the mark with consistency and flavor. They were light and crispy on the outside. I hope you try them and have success, too!
While I do measure some ingredients, others I just throw in by feel. I feel liberated when I throw in a little of this and a little of that! Eating healthy ingredients is more important than measuring precisely.
Go ahead and experiment and let me know how they come out!
Best Pancakes Ever! Gluten- free and Dairy-free!
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup cashew milk
2 bananas, mashed*
Frozen organic blueberries
Coconut oil (for skillet)
Raspberries – garnish at the end with these!
Pure Maple Syrup (organic, or course) – optional.
I like to add a few dollops of Organic Cashewgurt. I buy it at Jimbo’s, my local health food store and know it is also available at Whole Foods.
What to do:
- Combine all ingredients in one bowl, up to the bananas. Note: Unripe bananas are best. as the starch feeds the good bacteria in your gut!
- Mix with a whisk.
- Add the nuts, seeds, and fruit.
- Add coconut oil to a hot skillet
- Drop pancakes onto skillet.
- Flip when they seem to hold their shape and start to bubble up.
- I find smaller pancakes hold their shape better. While I don’t measure the batter precisely, I add about 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Store leftovers in the fridge. I put them in a stainless steel or glass container and we heat them up in a flat toaster oven during the week.
- Double the recipe and freeze leftovers individually.
I will let you in a family secret – I make 2 batches of pancakes – one for my daughter, who loves chocolate chip pancakes, and another for me, who likes nut flours and nut milk and berries and nuts.
I gotta tell you – now my daughter is asking for “my” pancakes! The healthier kind! What a win!